Friday, October 18, 2013

Friday Poetry 10.18.13

For the Baby

Blessed by blood and bone
Portents of a coming life
Dark days contract
A beautiful harvest of life to come
I am not my own
I never really was
And you
You were
ultimately
never mine



My family is an amazing maze of triumphs and failures. Heroic acts and artistic neuroses. I love them more and more, and the more I love, the bigger the family gets. There are some of you still lost in the wilderness, but I want you to know that there is a home hearth waiting for you in my heart. No judgments. No past. Just a big hug and a, "let's move on". For those of you I haven't met yet, the above image is my brother. He will fly across the country to defend me, and after the carnage, he and I will go out for coffee. And to be sure, he isn't even my fiercest protector...

You've been warned.

With words, song & prayer,
TiMo
Here's where you can read me:
www.alwaysalreadyalright.blogspot.com 
www.pmeqme.blogspot.com
Yours Truly, Summer 2011
© Tiffany Monique


No comments:

Post a Comment