Wednesday, October 23, 2013

For Peggy - A Write of Passage

My first interaction with Peggy Dobbs was this comment:


She became my Facebook friend, and true to her word, commented on my stuff (Jaded and Abbey Normal and the Fool - either directly or on the book of Face) before she left this earthly realm in June.

A Word With You Press felt her absence so acutely that fearless leader Thornton Sully immortalized her via The (First) Annual Peggy Dobbs Write-of-Passage contest... 750-1000 words in an original piece of fiction or nonfiction that must contain the words, “I swear, it’s not too late.”

I wanted to do something really special for Peggy. So I wrote Shakespeare... ish. 

Click to read my contest submission - "But Biding, I Live Beyond My Own Love"
For Peggy Dobbs.
Click to read "But Biding, I Live Beyond My Own Love"
© Tiffany Monique 2013
He's timeless, as she is timeless. I hope she would like it. I hope you do to.

With words, song & prayer,
Yours Truly, Summer 2011
© Tiffany Monique












Here's the fine print for the contest:
Submit up to THREE entries. Each entry must include the author’s name and email address (which we will not share except with Edward Snowden). Entries should be sent to thorn@awordwithyoupress.com. Entries should be submitted as a Word .doc attachment, double spaced and in twelve point Times-New Roman font. For those who have submitted an entry to previous contests there is no fee. For all others there is a fee of $10 per entry by Paypal (also submitted to thorn@awordwithyoupress.com). 
However, once you have entered three of our contests you will be considered part of the family and there will be no additional fees to enter, except in extraordinary circumstances, such as a highly monetized prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment