Friday, May 17, 2013

Friday Poetry 5.17.13


Cycle

I am not sure what is happening...  
Could I be giving birth or something?
Or maybe I am just awakening myself
Awakening to myself?
The sleeping dragon everyone seems to see
But me
I am this
I love this 
This me
But I am only barely aware of how to
Be this me
Even as I am experiencing the being
Of this me 
This strong
This powerful
This dragon 
This queen feminine
This woman
In me
In other women
In little girls
I see dragon seeds in us all
Some sleeping
Some unborn
Some stillborn
My seedling is shining in spite of my self-understanding
Contraction
Upon contraction
Awakening
Level by level
Dream by dream
Muscle
Bone
Fire
Stone
Heart
I have been giving birth to me my whole life
I suppose I will never stop until I die

Image subject to copyright

So Honored

I saw a smile today that lit me from inside
A warm fire of a thing
A secret untold
A kiss
Not yet given
A white dress
A warm hand
A loyal heart
I saw a smile today that lit me from inside
Despite myself
I burning hope
A touch
Promised to promise
To please
To protect
To honor
I saw a smile today that lit me from inside
A beautiful tear
Joy on the move
A child
Or perhaps, children
A clan
A truth
My own

~~~   ~~~   ~~~    ~~~

On Self-amputation

Self-amputate if necessary
Cry
Write
Cry
Cry
Write
Cry
Cry
Then I smile.
Because you remember
Healthy plants get pruned
Then cry some more.
THAT CRAP HURTS!
But then you look
And see it is growing back...
(c) 2009 Tiffany Monique

No comments:

Post a Comment