Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Inspired by the image...


(c) 2000 Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
You would think...
Me terrified
It is time now
The birthing
This truth
This ugly, angry, truth
Eviscerating me from the inside
The battle of pride, and rage, and carnage, and vengeance
But I like it
The power of the fight within to get out
Taking me over

You would think...
Me unaccepting of my death
This internal immolation as I birth the stillborn lies I've carried
Only the husk will remain
The husk of the seed
The seed that had to die
So that the warrior could be harvested

You would think...
It must be dark magic
But it is most HOLY
This truth is coming
This fighter is awakening
Come on!

You would think...
Me unexcited in the throws of such agony
Me expecting acutely spent when the birthing is done
But I'm itching for battle now
And I will be
Reborn fighting
I dare you to underestimate me

You would think... 

No comments:

Post a Comment