Sunday, October 23, 2011

Inspired by Sed Dickerson

In response to some of my schoolwork and theory on multiple ways of being, a very dear friend, Sed Dickerson, wrote me a poem. It blew me away, and grounded me a little.

Silence Is Just Another Name for my Rage
by Sed Dickerson

Silence is just another name for my rage. A metaphor for my state of being. They say it’s always the quiet ones, A tea kettle never allowed to steam. Explosive and emotive I must be. I could cut you down with my words And do, but you will never hear. Silence is just another name for my rage.

Blood is just another name for my rage. A metaphor for my angst and mood. They say it’s always the dark ones, The dog beaten until it bites. Ruthless and Insane I must be. I could cut you down with my knife, And do, just to myself imaging you. Blood is just another name for my rage.

Sex is just another name for my rage. A metaphor for my strength and determination. They say it’s always the seductive ones. An insecure woman teeming with false confidence. Loose and immoral I must be. I could cut you down with my stare, And do, you just cannot see it in the dim light. Sex is just another name for my rage.

Forgiveness is just another name for my rage. A metaphor for my kindness and nurturing. They say it’s always the soft ones. An idealist with a bleeding heart. Insecure and Naïve I must be. I could cut you down with my love, And do, you just have to accept it. Forgiveness is just another name for my rage.

Seddy Bear reading a letter from Seddy Bear

I am humbled and honored to affect, and be so affected.

No comments:

Post a Comment