Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year to you... and some extra words and pics

January 3rd. A normal day. A new year, and so much to process. I am officially no longer young. There are just too many details. I have learned over the past few years that I can in fact be wrong, most of the time, and still be a good person. That was a hard lesson. Truth is, I am still learning it. There are a lot of things that I have made important for the wrong reasons, or let go of for the right ones.



This year I am going to start a band. There. I said it. No one is reading this blog, so it is a promise only to myself. But by publishing it, I put it out there in the universe. Outside of God, who knows what will happen. I think I will call it "At 34". Nice and random...


And I am in California. I keep my promises to myself. Last year I lost one of my dearest friends, and she and I talked about how much fun (and how much work) it would be to come back to San Diego. I didn't come back entirely on my terms, but I did come back, and I know that that was a strategic move that had to be made.


This year, I am going to do some HARD work, mostly in the area of relationships. But part of me is looking forward to that part too. My partner on the romance front is one of the best friends I have ever had, and just about as normal, and abnormal, as I need him to be. So we'll see what happens... I am in first gear. I am on my way. I haven't reached my destination, but I am no longer in the talking phase, or even in the waiting phase. I know that I am in motion. And I don't feel lost. So, 2012, bring it.




No comments:

Post a Comment