Saturday, July 4, 2015

Writings from the week

Happy 4th of July! Here's a Saturday post!

Pondering the A Word with You Press Writing Contest - Again

I wanna write
Again
Feel sickly slick slippery
With prose
I want to learn the rules of the craft
and with all that is in me
Wordsmith like the artisans of old
- but I'm at work

I wanna sing
Again
Loud like I did in Andrew's room
When the music and I
Made love so loud
My Mom & brothers banged on the doors
As my throat cried freedom and fearlessness
- but I'm quieter now

I am heading back
Back to my own power
Not here
Not there
Someplace
Only God & I know

The salty taste of things done in the dark cry out to be held forever, as if a tidal wave could protect a pearl. It is a sin to lock yourself in a dark past when you hold such a light within you as your real self. Your free self.

With words, song & prayer, TiMo
www.pmeqme.tiffanyvakilian.com/
Onward Looking
© Tiffany Monique February 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment