Friday, February 15, 2013

Inspired is me...


I have a new friend named Jacob who just entered the world today. Congratulations Mrs. Jackson - woooo!

Come to think of it, I have a bunch of people in my life that ten years ago I would never have thought about considering in my inner sanctum. I've got sisters all over the world. I've got raging fans (one of whom called me last night to tell me how much I am going to be missed this weekend)... the weekend of my graduation from Goddard College. I've got in my life that love me so much they glow, despite themselves.

Can I tell you how shiny I feel?

Now, I've been thinking about this for a while now, and I like being part of the tree that has become my life. Roots to branches.

To consider the image below, one would think dead, desolate, cold. I see that. 






There are parts of me that are feeling that way right now, based on choices that I made (or that someone made for me).

And sure... there are parts to me that are... "gnarly"

But I am blessed to say that win, lose, draw... I'm here.

I'm rooted, and I'm growing. Some of this scares me (and others), but I don't think I can help that. I'd rather grow,

Yeah... I'd rather grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment