Wednesday, May 27, 2015

What Andrew Learned from the Marines

Just found this... considering the recent holiday I thought I'd share...

Andrew is still teaching

The Few, the Proud..

Throughout my life, I have had the honor of having my life shaped by military life, specifically the United States Marine Corps. From my humble beginnings, in the inner city of Baltimore, Md., to my current assignment... at every level and stage, my life has been shaped, molded and impacted by the Marines.

I attribute much of what I have learned about honor, character, excellence, leadership and life to the Marines. It is these valuable “Life Lessons” I would like to pass on to you, to the end that you might be able to “sharpen your axe”, and be more productive, effective and excellent in life.
  • Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
  • Good Initiative, Bad Judgement
  • Always Be Prepared
  • Honor the Rank, Not the Person
  • Correct in Private, Reward in Public
  • Efficiency vs Effective
  • 5W’s and an H 


Ever the teacher-mentor. Love you Drew.

With words, song & prayer, TiMo

Andrew and Yours Truly, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment