Monday, May 4, 2015

May the 4ce...

Images may be subject to copyright
Today I would've sent Andrew​ a message something to the effect of, "May the Shwartz be with you!" He would've replied with something in kind from Spaceballs, or Star Wars, or just said, "wow". And then he would sing a riff from the closing credits of The Jeffersons, re-purposed in the 7280 Beard clan to be a musical mini-interlude in our conversation.

He had a Millennium Falcon toy, and figurines when we were little. He'd let me play with them rarely. If he was within arm's distance and could snatch them out of my hand if I wasn't "playing with them right". I barely remember. Mom says his collection was pretty extensive.
Copyright © 2015 Cool Stuff
I have an image in my head of his Han Solo figure in my hand. Maybe it was a storm trooper, or an Ewok. I guess my brain inserted Han Solo because of the scene where Solo is frozen. I feel like that is how Andrew is for me right now... at least our conversations. There are some friends who have heard recordings of his oooooh-so-random voicemails. My personal favorite was when he was going through his Cool Hand Luke phase, and he was always quoting, "what we have here is... failure to communicate". I think he even had a recording of it played back on my voicemail a couple times. That, or his impersonation was spot on.

I changed his ringtone in my phone the other day to The Godfather theme. It is one of, if not his favorite, movie trilogy. If it was on television, the only thing that would stop him from watching every moment was sports or work, and sports (sports was practically work for him, as he is CEO of Highlight Video Productions, a sports videography service). He would always speak of how everything the man did was for his family. Right or wrong, productive or detrimental, appreciated or not, everything he did was for the family.

Andrew to a T.

And so I write and share about my big brother. Don Drew. He didn't want anyone to know how much he and I nerded out about Star Trek and Star Wars (ask him about his love of the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition).

I may be geeking out a little here, but it's May 4th. And that is what you do on May 4th.



With words, song & prayer, TiMo
www.pmeqme.blogspot.com
Onward Looking - February 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment