Friday, September 27, 2013

Friday Poetry 9.27.13

Inspired by the phrases...

"Danger is very real, but fear is a choice." - Will Smith, After Earth

I will say it
I will give no quarter to the lie
The bind
The one that says I must say less
Give less
Be less
Because it scares you
(and by the way, if you ain't "you", then don't take ownership)
I will give it
I will open my heart to the sunshine
The freedom
The joy
Even in a moment
(and by the way, if you've been there with me, cool)
I will feel it
I will wear the full armor
Not apologizing
Not compromising
Accepting everything that I am to you, with you, for you
(All the many "you's" out there)
I will choose 
Choose life
Choose me
Choose faith in the promise
I will be the fearless one I once tried not to be because of you
(Though I thank you for the trip)
I will change
I am a shifting rhythm
In the poem of life
In the life of a poem
And I am not written by you
(Though I have been edited by "you" from time to time)

"I like to tell that story because it makes me look smart. There are other stories I don't like to tell....Pain is the teacher you never forget." RH Williams
I just realized
Sometimes freedom is the prize
Worth the lesson learned


You're just a product of some negative thinking...just a little self confidence and coordination and you're gonna be fine" -Diana Ross, The Wiz
When MJ sang out, "You caint win"
I wanted to sock him in the chin
I have never been the corporate type
Even when I worked for them in jail, I mean pinstripes
Toto bit a lion and so did I
His was a cat, mine was my pride
But I am still standing here with my fist up
Despite all the times I messed up
Pour the oil in my joints please
I'll go where my destiny points me
The one with my name on it; that's the one I want.
The pen engraved specific to my creative font
The chair that most perfectly fits
All of my cross-legged sits
The braids that warp and weft my hair
Causing ethnically weighted stares
Let me not the Wizard of Oz be
I have my own girl-child magic seed
The Wiz to the Wizard's Dorothy
Go on and slide some oil to me
I have places to be and go
I'll follow and build the yellow brick road








With words, song & prayer,
TiMo
Here's where you can read me:
www.alwaysalreadyalright.blogspot.com 
www.pmeqme.blogspot.com
Yours Truly, Summer 2011
© Tiffany Monique


No comments:

Post a Comment