Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Humbling...

Since Sunday, I have been reborn. Sounds strange huh? But it's the truth. I still have the same skin, blessedly brown, and I still have the same body and mind. But my spirit is different. I had a conversation that changed my life.

Changed. My. Life.

And it wasn't a very long conversation.

Still, because of this conversation, the very core understanding that I had of myself has changed. I wanted to make sure that I publicly thanked God for such a profound yet private transformation. Everything that I knew about who I was and how I fit in this world is so totally different.
Shakespeare said that
Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds, or bears with the remover to remove"
My Mom said
Never stay where you're not wanted
I say love is an ocean.
I say love is a sky, full of clouds, rain, snow, hail, sun, breezes, and air.
I can't breathe without it.
But I would be a fool to underestimate it
I am so humbled by how love has changed me. Love has distilled all the restless energy that I used to think was passion, which was really only fear. I have all the time in the world, and I am truly, and for the first time in my life... unafraid and at peace. Do I know the future? Yes, to some extent. Is it going to hurt sometimes? Like labor pains, yes. Am I pregnant? Like never before, with hope and faith. God has placed his hand on me and humbled me so beautifully with a simple word of love. I don't think I'll ever feel less powerful.
I have such a great love inside me. I have such great seeds of hope. I have such a great harvest coming. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment